Gluten is my enemy, but cookies and cakes are my besties. And there are some stupid good gluten-free baked goods out there these days. Here’s a list of some of my favs. Send me more suggestions at laurabama @ hotmail . com and I’ll try them and add them to this list!
1. Mariposa Bakery in San Francisco – the chocolate cakes/cupcakes are amazing, and dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free! And they’ll ship to you! http://www.mariposabaking.com/
2. Senza in Chicago – innnnncredible cookies, donuts, and LOAVES OF BREAD. Also a fabulous gluten-free dinner menu. The chef of this place is the dude from Green Zebra (famous Chi vegetarian restaurant). If you live in Chicago and you’re gluten free, you must must must check out this place. http://www.senzachicago.com/
3. Mimi’s Cookie Bar in Mammoth Lakes has some of the best gluten-free dairy-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on La Planète. http://mimiscookiebar.com/
4. Trader Joe’s Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies are amaze. http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Crunchy-Chocolate-Cookies/dp/B007MEXS7E . Beware, though, these DO contain butter. But sometimes a girl gotta have a little butter.
5. For store-bought bread, Udi is the only way to go (it’s in basically all grocery stores these days, often in frozen foods - http://www.udisglutensfree.com/) , and Glutino makes good crackers and Oreo knock-offs (http://www.glutino.com/products/cookies-and-wafers/cookies/chocolate-vanilla-creme-cookies/).
6. Babycakes in NYC! The lemon cupcake is fabuuu. Vegan AND gluten-free. http://www.babycakesnyc.com/
Where else what else? Holla!
Also, in case you didn’t know, peanut butter cookies are by farrr the best dairy-free cookies, because they’re still creamy. Now ya know.