Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Low-FODMAP Spinach Chips



Kale is my enemy for so many reasons, not least of which is that it’s high-FODMAP and super hard to digest. Also I think it’s gross unless it’s drenched in olive oil and baked to a crisp. Luckily, I just discovered that spinach chips are as yummy as kale chips (and by that I mean, anything soaked in oil and sea salt is delicious). Recipe:

Ingredients:
Two cups of raw spinach
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, depending on how oily you want them
Sea salt, to taste

Directions:
-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-Put the spinach in a large bowl and toss in olive oil and sea salt.
-Lay parchment paper over a baking pan and spread spinach on top, in a single layer.
-NOTE: you can put the spinach straight on the pan (not on parchment paper) if you want – it will be oilier this way, and you’ll have to scrape it off the pan with a spatula, but this wasn’t a problem for me.
-Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy. The timing can be tricky – I recommend that you check on it every minute starting at 10 minutes to see if the leaves are crisp.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment