Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

My Favorite Low-FODMAP Cocktail: Citrus Vodka Seltzer

If you have digestive issues but you love happy hour, you’re in a bit of a pickle because a lot of alcoholic drinks are hard to digest. But there’s one that never gives me any issues, because it’s low in difficult-to-digest sugars and it's super mild (it's also low-calorie compared to most drinks):


Citrus Vodka Seltzer:
Ingredients:
-High-quality vodka (I like Tito’s)
-Seltzer (I use a SodaStream so I’m not constantly throwing away plastic bottles)
-A squeeze of fresh orange, grapefruit, or lime (if you don’t have fresh fruits on hand, just throw in a splash of orange juice)

Directions:
Mix everything. Put a bit sprig of mint right on top so you get what I call “mint-face” (i.e. a big whiff of mint) every time you take a sip.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment