Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

In which I reveal the rock under which I have been hiding


Hi!  I’ve been hiding.  Not because I don’t love you, my invisible (and no doubt multitudinous) readers, but because I’ve been finishing my album!  Since many of you supported my Indiegogo campaign to get the album funded, I figured I’d use my blog to give an update on the album status.  So, here goes. 

We’ve mixed all but one of the tracks on the album, which I think I’ll entitle “little bones.” 

So that means we’re close – like really close – to finishing the mixing process.  I know it’s taken a while but we wanted to get it right!  The album’s brilliant producer John Clement has worked tirelessly to get these songs to sound both rich and simple, folky without being cheesy, effective without being melodramatic.  He’s really nailed it.  

So, in the next couple of weeks we’ll be ready to send the tracks to a mastering studio.  Meanwhile the lovely Theresa Previ will come up with an album cover for the ages. 

Those things will take another couple of weeks, and then we’ll send the whole shebang to Discmakers, who will print it all up into a pretty package.  And then I will send it out to those of you who pre-ordered!  I thank you many times and more for your patience!  It is coming!! 

For those of you who didn’t pre-order – I’ll be gettin’ the album up on CDBaby (hard copies) and iTunes  and all the other websites (for digital sales) as soon as it’s ready.  That’ll take yet another few weeks. 

So the upshot is that the album will be all done-like in May-ish, and then it’ll be available to the public in June-ish, and then the Album Release Party is July 17 at Rockwood in NYC, and you betta all come!  Can’t wait! 

ex oh ex oh etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment