Hulloo again. Who are you? I see from my stats page that there are lots of you reading these FODMAPs posts, but I have no idea who you are! Email me, yes? I’m at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would love to know who you are. :)
Following on my previous posts about what to eat on a low-FODMAP diet, here are some things that I eat when I need a li’l snack:
1. Toasted Udi bread with peanut butter. That shizz fills me up for hours. Or celery and peanut butter. Also yummz.
2. I often make a smoothie, which some people with IBS might not tolerate due to the mixing of fruits and veggies, but here ‘tis, if you want to try it. It is seriously better than dessert: half a banana, two strawberries, ¼ cup blueberries, 1TBSP peanut butter, 1tsp flax seed, 1 tsp Chia seeds, a big handful of spinach (or other leafy greens), and some rice milk. BOOYAA it is so good.
3. Any of the low-FODMAP fruits, which you can find on this list -
4. Good nuts (again, see the list above – most nuts are fine in small quantities EXCEPT for pistachios, which you should stay away from).
5. Corn tortilla taco with tomato/greens/anything else from the good list.
6. Vodka soda. My favorite snack. :)
Let me know if you have other ideas. I’m wide open. Happy mid-May to all of you! xo