Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Right Now - new(ish) song for upcoming album!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72iIVXPoBps
(Above link is a SUPER low-fi video of moi playing "Right Now" in my living room!)

Hello my lovely friends!  A bit of a deviation for this week's blog.  As many of you know, in the past I put out 4 albums of original music (www.laurathomasband.com) and until last year I played regular gigs all over the Northeast (and occasionally in Cali).  And then the music industry sucked out my soul and I needed a year off.  Last week I picked up my guitar for the first time in a year because I missed my song "Right Now," and I recorded a vid of me playing the song in my living room.  The sound is crrrrap, but I actually have no amps or sound equipment in this, my lovely summer home in the mountains.  So this is the best sound I could eek out in a completely unplugged sitch.

Hopefully, if the dormant music spirits within me continue to wake the F up, I'll be recording album #5 later this year!  Will keep you posted.  And let me know if you'd like to hear more songs this way.

Oh, btw, to make this blog a teency bit relevant to the whole Grammarfiti theme, I'd like to say that I proudly realize that the phrase "I'm good" in the chorus isn't accurate.  And probably that makes me a hypocrite.  And I'm good with that.  :)

Thanks for listening, mwwwwah xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment