Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Low-FODMAP Maple Sage Turkey Sausage



Honestly, like, honestly, this turkey sausage is so good that I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And since it’s low-FODMAP, sometimes that dream comes true.

Ingredients:
1 pound organic ground turkey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (if you substitute dried herbs, make sure to use less)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup gluten-free flour (*make sure it doesn’t contain corn, oat, or quinoa flour)
3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions:
-In a large bowl, hand-mix the turkey, herbs, maple, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the flour.

-Place the rest of the flour on a plate.

-Shape the turkey mixture into about 12 patties, dredging each one lightly in the remaining flour.

-Heat the olive oil on medium-high heat (I find that my cast-iron pan works particularly well for this dish).

-Drop the patties in the pan and cook for about 7 minutes per side until they’re browned, and cooked all the way through (cooking time will depend on the thickness of the patties so you’ll need to cut into one of them to see if it’s done).

Good luck not eating them all at once!

*The flour I use is made from brown rice, potato, and tapioca. I recommend that you avoid using flour that contains oats, corn, or quinoa, as these things can be difficult for some people to digest (for example, I have trouble with corn and oats).

4 comments:

  1. all the ground turkey ive seen is "flavored". do you go to a butcher and have them grind it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magpie - I ONLY buy my ground turkey from Whole Foods. Have you checked there?

      Delete
  2. O.M.G. these are as good as you say. my first FODMAP recipe & a brilliant success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I totally agree - these are my FAVORITE TREAT!!! :)

      Delete